Welcome to my first themed mandala gallery.
The mandalas in this gallery are made from photos of trash cans in Washington, DC. I see beauty in everyday objects and bits and pieces of the urban landscape. There are many beautiful things to see in the city, but this time I am focusing on finding beauty in the humble trash can.
If you like these mandalas please check out my mandala blog at:
and my original (early works in mixed themes) mandala gallery at:
Thanks to Kate Jobe for her I Love Your Art Blog Award. The photoblog style is a “no widgets style” so I can’t put it on the main page.
Now I have to say 7 things about myself and pass the award on to others.
My 7 things:
7 things about me
1. I am a proud member of the striped sock wearing community. Okay actually I don’t personally know anyone who wears knee high striped stocks, but there must be other people out there. I mean someone must be buying them besides me or they wouldn’t be making them.
2. I love shopping in thrift stores. I dislike mall shopping. I love how in the thrift store all the skirts in my size are next to each other. I don’t have to wander around the whole store – or the whole mall to find them.
3. My word for this year is JOY. I suppose everyone wants joy, but not many people seem to be making a conscious effort to put more joy in their lives. This year I am making that effort.
4. I go all out decorating my office space. I have a rotating art display, flowers and other decorations that change several times during the year and a small collection of toys. My toy collection includes marbles, tops, cars and stuffed animals.
5. I love to walk and walk at during lunch break every work day, unless the weather is really bad. I visit Smithsonian museums, the Smithsonian gardens, the tidal basin and the run down walkway by the river.
6. I love dressing in costume for SF/fantasy and gaming conventions. I have several Ren Faire style outfits and a Shinto Priestess (anime) outfit. It is something I would like to get more into, with more outfits and making my own clothing and accessories.
7. I collect dice. Maybe I should just say I am a gamer, (non-computer role playing games) since it seems like most gamers collect dice. Also, there are probably not too many non-gamers out there who collect dice.
Now to find some people to give the award to.